We have added international date formats!
Choose between M/D/Y, D/M/Y, and Y/M/D in the desktop app and website by using the Settings menu from the sidebar and going to the General section.
Once you have selected the date format you want to use, all previous dates will be automatically updated for you. All dates that you enter in the future will be assumed to be in the format you have selected. Each person collaborating on a document will see dates in the format that they have selected.
If you paste a OneNote link into Moo.do, you will now see a OneNote icon next to it. Clicking a OneNote link will open it in the native OneNote app.
If you paste an Evernote link into Moo.do or drag a note from Evernote (dragging only works on Mac), you will now see an Evernote icon next to it. Clicking an Evernote link will (optionally) open it in the native Evernote app.
- Images now open in a lightbox for quick previewing.
- Ctrl + click to open in a new tab as before.
- This works for images in Google Drive, image email attachments, and links to images.
- Changed: Switched hotkeys for new item and new email. N is for New item and E is for New Email.
- New: Option to add events to Google Calendar without creating a local item
- New: Highlight opened email in Outline pane
- Fixed: Android typing missing characters
- Fixed: Some repeat dates not showing notifications
- Fixed: Some parsing issues with repeat dates
We've added your most requested feature: Markdown! This brings three main benefits:
- You have more control over what each item on your list is: headers, tasks, bullets, and numbered lists.
- Along with the improved intro, it should be easier for new users to get started.
- It's pretty!
How it works
- # to create a header, or Ctrl + Shift + 3
- [ or  or [ ] to create a task, or Ctrl + Shift + [
- * or - or + to create a bullet
- 1. to create a numbered list
- Buttons at the top of the pane to add project, task, item
- *italic* or **bold** or ***both***
- Ctrl + B to bold and Ctrl + I to italic (as usual).
- [Title](address) or Ctrl + K to insert links with a title
- --- to create a horizontal line
- Formatting only shows while items are selected
- New filters to show/hide headers and tasks. These work especially well combined with the flat search filter.
- New Markdown layout theme
- New advanced settings for header size, checkbox opacity, and background color
This update continues improving pain points in our desktop user experience and includes many bug fixes.
- New "Create Task" for emails (pictured above): Add selected email(s) as child of the new task, set a note and priority, optionally add it to an existing item, and add it to the Outline.
- "New item" menu has options for adding as a child of an existing item, note and priority
- Ctrl + click on filters for the opposite filter, such as "Show only completed"
- Fixed: Notifications firing for children of completed items
- Fixed: Issues with @soon, @later, and @someday appearing in the incorrect Agenda block
- Fixed: Flat search hiding children of completed items
- Click and hold on item text in pane headers to show a menu of that item's siblings to zoom into them. In the Gmail pane that makes it easy to switch between accounts.
- Adding an item in the Calendar pane can optionally sync the new item with Google Calendar
- Better error reporting for calendar syncing
- Make read-only calendars easier to work with
- Added a Calendars button to change which Google Calendars are visible in the Calendar pane, as well as toggle display of local non-Google Calendar items.
- Downloading attachments shows progress and opens the attachment when it's done downloading.
- Fixed: Editing issues on Android with Enter and Backspace
- Tapping on the sides of items on mobile no long collapses or completes items. Swipe left or right on an item to collapse or complete it.
This month we've been working with both new and power users to find pain points in our desktop UX. These updates include features for managing large documents, as well as making interactions more intuitive.
Panes, search, and collapsing
- Collapse All now collapses every item rather than just those at the top level.
- Searching does not change the collapsed state of items. This means search will not expand everything to display matches.
- A new feature called Flat Search has been added. This shows only items that are a direct match, without showing the full hierarchy. Begin using Flat Search by clicking the icon or using the hotkey (Ctrl + 6). Click the pencil icon to the left of a search result to see its full details.
- Documents have been renamed to Files for clarity of their purpose.
- Workspaces have been renamed to Boards for clarity of their purpose.
- The sidebar is updated to make the relationship between Files and Boards more clear.
- The sidebar no longer fully hides, and instead shrinks to a very thin bar.
- Toggle the sidebar width by clicking the small arrow at the top, or by dragging its edge.
Boards (previously known as Workspaces)
- Boards can be switched by clicking on them in the sidebar.
- Use the Ctrl + B hotkey to switch between Boards with arrow or number keys.
- The Boards list in the sidebar can be sorted with drag/drop.